Hydrangeas - Verena Classic Green
A super pretty hydrangeas from Holland!
Sold in bunches of 5 stems, with approximately 75cm lengths.
Head Size: Approximately 20cm
Caring for your hydrangeas:
1. Choose wisely! If you have a warm or particularly sunny house these are not the ideal flower for you.
2. In my experience choosing the more antique colors like dark greens, darker purples, dark blues etc means they will last longer than the lighter colors.
3. If you are looking at them in a shop gently give the blooms a quick gentle squeeze - they should feel a bit like kale, kind of hard and crunchy is ideal. The darker the color of the petals the crunchier it should feel. White and pastel colors rarely feel crunchy, that’s okay but you don’t want them too soft.
4. When you get them, cut the stems on an angle and if possible cut an x in the bottom of the stems - then put them in a vase with cold fresh water (and if you can pop some ice in there that would be even better). Remove all unnecessary foliage. They also don’t like having water dropped on their petals!
5. Choose your vase keeping in mind the need to support the heavy blooms, and that they need space to breath. When you choose a location to put your vase, keep them away from blowing ac vents, and doors outside - they don’t like hot gushes of air or to be in direct sunlight.
6. Keep cutting the stems and refreshing the water every two or three days.
7. Keep an eye on them, hydrangeas show you very quickly if they are not happy! If they start to wilt most likely they are too warm. Put them in your fridge, pop ice in the vase, and keep them in a cold room overnight. If I just have a short vase of hydrangeas I put mine in my fridge for the whole night every night - just make sure they are not going to freeze if your fridge is colder at the back.